Our strategists lead the pre-sale process from start to finish. Strategists are the big picture thinkers and storytellers, identifying the heart of a client's problem and providing the value proposition and solutions that will solve their marketing challenge for each RFP/RFI that comes in the door. The strategist ensures every team from our creative studios to audience insights to media and production ladders up a strategic solution in a cohesive, impactful pitch.
- Identify the right tools for maximum impact against brand KPIs
- Activate the appropriate teams for the channel strategy including media, distribution, creative, editorial, social, art and product
- Provide a clear framework for creative solutions through succinct, well-defined briefs and guide conceptual and creative development to align with the strategy
- Work with Research to create a measurement strategy laddering back to KPIs + proving effectiveness
- Ladder everything up to insights and proven effectiveness using a smart combination of audience, site, social, category, industry and brand lift data
- Use visual storytelling and an in-depth knowledge of our product capabilities to put our best foot forward and get our point across in the marketplace
- Together with creative and sales, present programs to clients; process client feedback through the filter of what is strategically sound and on-brief
- Daily communication via slack, email, trello, gdocs and gchats with creative, media operations, content operations and editorial leads across out 13 sites
- Knowledge of competitive landscape and monitor market trends and industries to identify new opportunities
- Has 3-5 years of experience in creative, media or content strategy
- Is skilled in insight-based channel strategy development
- Has experience with branded content and sponsorships
- Is a problem solver
- Has a developed understanding of KPI-driven media and content strategy
- Is a strong communicator
- Has an understanding of media agency needs/ RFP asks
- Is an efficient multitasker, skilled at balancing multiple asks and deadlines
- Is a persuasive and confident presenter
- Has an interest and passion for comedy and humor based content
- Is a fan of and identifies with the G/O Media brands
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position is temporary and will be filled for the duration of 3 months with a potential extension. The temporary strategist will report to the strategy director. This position is based out of our Chicago office.